Two down, two to go!

Yaay, mail ;D Two out of the four packages on their way to me arrived yesterday and today and conveniently enough they were both the nail polish orders so I can stick them in a blog post together!

Yesterday brought the arrival of the nail art pens from eBay. First of all I need to complain about the way they were packaged D< src="http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn281/leanneamy/blog/DSCF2283.jpg">



As you can see, this poor packaging caused a couple of them to leak and stick together.. but it all cleaned up okay. Worth it in the end though ;D these are great.



I posted these pictures on MakeupTalk and quite a lot of the girls there hadn't seen nail pens like this, so in case you haven't either, I'll explain ^_^; they're really clever, you can unscrew the top to use the striper brush, or you can pull the very top of the cap off (where the gold bands are) and there's a teeny tiny nozzle for squeezing little dots onto the nail, which is also really useful for sticking on little gems and stuff. And they all come with a tiny needle taped to the bottom to unblock the nozzle when needed.

I had so many pretty colours to play with I didn't know where to start, but I liked the colour polish I already had on so I just did some (VERY) amateur little daisies on top.. Haha :)



Today, the Guppy nail polishes I ordered arrived from Hong Kong. VERY impressed with these! The bottles are much bigger than I expected (18ml of product, compared to 10ml for Barry M nail paints, 14ml for NYX polishes, 8ml for Collection 2000 Hot Looks). They don't have colour names, but these are numbers 25, 33 and 77 L-R.



As much as I liked the flowers on my nails from yesterday, I had to remove it to try these colours out 'cause I was so excited about them. I LOVE these! Consistency is brilliant - not too thin and runny but by no means thick, no bubbling or streaking, relatively fast drying. And the pigmentation is great, too. These are all two coats - sorry for the messy application, I was so eager to take pictures XD



My favourite is 25, I've never had a taupe coloured polish before. I really like 77 too, this will be a great colour for the upcoming A/W season I reckon. Dark and sultry without being overpoweringly vampy ^_^; perfect for me. So you can see that they're all very true to the colours in the bottles - they were actually mostly opaque in one coat but I always do two coats.

So anyway, since I'd already taken yesterday's polish off I decided to finish my nails off with 25, then I decided I missed the little flowers from yesterday so I used bronze and glittery gold stripers to do very similar ones today. :D I know my fingers are kinda chubby. Haha.



Jessica, owner of Beautylicious Cosmetics emailed me yesterday to say that she'd shipped the shadows I won in her contest, super excited to try those out! :D I'll be patient though 'cause they're coming from Canada.
OH! And she made a new pigment collection recently and asked for name suggestions.. she's named a new silver one 'Freeze' after me ;P how awesome is that?

Oh oh and just before I go.. More Illamasqua excitement! I've been watching the Official Illamasqua Blog like a hawk 'cause they're announcing new products for the Dystopia collection all week. Here's a swatch directly from the site of a new Pure Pigment, called Android.



Gaaahhh.. Need this too! I LOVE my Furore pure pigment so I can't wait to be able to try this one.

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Two down, two to go! on social network:

Popular Posts

Archive