Avril Lavigne’s Suprisingly Sweet Black Star: Coming to the US Fall ‘09


By Liz Shayala

Yet another celeb has jumped on of the fragrance bandwagon. Though it’s not out of the ordinary for a celebrity to release her own fragrance--Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and J. Lo have all been there, done that--this one came as a bit of a surprise.

I'm not going to lie, of all the celebs I have eagerly awaited fragrances from, Avril Lavigne is one of the last on my list. After one of my girlfriends posed the question “Do you think her scent will be eau de unwashed Hot Topic masses or something less flowery?” I decided to keep my expectations low.

But after finally sampling Avril's fragrance, Black Star, I can say that my nose was pleasantly surprised. The self-proclaimed punk rock princess has created, together with Procter and Gamble, a discreetly flowery, subtly sensual, bouquet of scents. With notes of hibiscus, black plum and dark chocolate, it’s hard to imagine anyone not enjoying this scent. But as much as I liked the perfume, I loved the packaging: black and pink and with a removable studded ring that can be worn as an accessory.

My wannabe rocker-chick alter ego has found a new favorite perfume!



Like this post? Don't miss another one!
Subscribe via my RSS feed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Avril Lavigne’s Suprisingly Sweet Black Star: Coming to the US Fall ‘09 on social network:

Popular Posts

Archive